by Engr Adeniji Raji
In this piece, the writer shares some bullet-points on how to live a happy life. These facts would be surely be a useful guide for every aspiring leader.
– The easiest way to a miserable life is to think everybody is talking about you. Learn to ignore and overlook many things if you truly want happiness in your life.
– Never allow anyone to steal your joy from you.
– Never worry yourself about what people say behind your back because its none of your business as long as you are true to yourself.
– Sometimes minding your own business does not keep people out of your business. No matter your situation in life people will always talk. You can never stop people from talking about you, what you can do is to stop giving them what to talk about.
– There is a time limit for every rumor in life. Never allow freelance broadcasters put your life in hold. Do what makes you happy. Anyone who cannot feel your pain has no right to judge you in life. 70% of those who talk bad about you behind your back wish to be like you.
– When people can’t be like you they try to bring you down and condemn what you have. Those without money will sarcastically say money is not everything in life. (Is poverty anything?)
– Never allow anyone to put you in a position of depression and self pity in life. Those whose life has no joy will always find every means to remove happiness from other people’s life.
– Enemies are inevitable if there’s GRACE of GOD in your life. If no one has never gossiped or talked bad about you means nothing good has ever happened to you. Grace can turn an old friend to a new enemy.
– Never feel bad when old friends become new enemies. They are just tired of acting painfully like enemies as friends.
– Never allow the opinions of people who didn’t see your tears stop your laughter in life. You don’t owe anybody an explanation to be happy
– To be beautiful means to be yourself; and to stand out is to be out-standing. You do not need to be accepted by others. You just need to accept yourself.
– Never beg anyone to accept you for who you are. Anything you acquire through begging will require begging to maintain.
– Be humble but selective. Being selective doesn’t mean you are arrogant or proud. It simply means you know your worth. If you are conscious of your personality avoid too much familiarity.
– Sometimes when you treat people too much like celebrities, they end up treating you like ordinary fan.
– Some will hate you and some will love you. Loving you or hating you are both in your favor. When people love you, you live peacefully and happily in their heart; and when people hate you, you become the landlord in their head living painfully in their brain everyday and giving them sleepless nights.
– Never downgrade yourself while trying to upgrade anybody in life. Anyone who sees you like an option doesn’t deserve to be a priority in your life
– The dream of a fool is for everybody to become a bloody fool. Avoid negative people if you have a dream. Those without mission will say your vision is just an illusion.
– Negative minds will never give you a positive life. Anyone who is always reminding you about what is wrong with you has a personal problem which he/she wants to take out on you.
– Never worry yourself about enemies and friends, because everybody in your life will eventually fall into one of two categories.
– Never allow negative people to rent a space in your life, kick them out of your life and increase the rent.
Remember “If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.”
EngrAdeniji Raji is a Chartered Engineer, a Philanthropist and Humanitarian. He is equally a motivational writer, his book is titled “The Journey of Life”